Living in the Midwest means that the weather can be a fairly temperamental bitch some days. You can leave in the morning for work and it will be 20 degrees out and by the time you head out the door to go home, it will be in the mid-’60s. That can make getting dressed more than a little difficult. And when the weather decides to be cold, it gets COLD. Like, even the dogs need booties because the ground is so cold they can barely walk on it, freezing temps.
Layering is a good concept until you have to carry around all the layers that you’re shedding! Sometimes, a simple coat, scarf, and hat combo are all you need to stay warm and cozy when out and about during these cold, if not slightly unpredictable winter months. Below are some of my favorite winter accessories at the moment!
- Ugg Classic Tall Boots– I don’t care how ugly anyone thinks they are (and truthfully, I often call them my Uggly’s) if you’ve ever owned a pair of Ugg’s you know there is nothing better than the feeling of sliding your feet into the soft and cushy interior of these boots. An added bonus is that they are insanely warm, so you don’t have to worry about your toes freezing when you’re out walking around.
- Blanket Scarves– I love scarves. Basic as it may be. Not sorry, don’t care. And according to my research, blanket scarves are still fashionable. This link takes you to a variety of scarves you can find on Amazon, which has just about any style or color you can imagine. Not sure how to tie them? Visit my Pinterest page for some scarf tying tutorial pins!
- North Face Dealio Down Parkina– I have this exact coat and it is wonderful! Very warm without being too heavy, it’s the perfect winter coat for me. It doesn’t come across as super bulky either and comes in a wide range of colors and sizes on the North Face website. It’s also a little on the longer side, so it doesn’t ride up when you sit down, exposing your sides to the cold air.
- Knitted Hat-While I don’t own this exact beanie, I do have one very similar not only is it cute, but it’s functional. You can lose a lot of body heat through your head, so keeping it covered, especially when the wind is biting is really important.
- Columbia Benton Springs Pea Coat– If you’re looking for something a little dressier than a puffy parka, pick up a classic pea coat! This particular one is made by Columbia sportswear, but you can find this fashion staple at almost any store. They come in a wide variety of fabrics, colors, and patterns, so you can certainly find the perfect pea coat for your style!
That’s a wrap on getting wrapped up for winter! Just a quick note, while there are links in this post, they ARE NOT affiliate links of any kind!