Happy Earth Day! While the pandemic continues to be a battle, and it’s hard to find a silver lining to tragedy, some small good things have been happening to our dear planet. The reduction in travel has helped clear some of the smog surrounding our bigger cities, sea turtles are nesting in droves on the beaches, and people are becoming more appreciative of our outside spaces and the healing peace of mind that they can bring.
I know that personally, for me, making changes to live a greener life can be a little daunting! Especially when you have no clue where to start and the internet is filled with an overwhelming amount of information regarding cleaner living. My advice is to start by making smaller, more easily controllable changes and build from there. Grab some reusable storage bags, mesh produce bags, or even just a couple reusable grocery sacks (even though most stores aren’t using those right now, you can always prepare for the future!). Once you’re ready to branch out beyond that, pick the next thing you want to work on replacing with cleaner products. Once easy place to do that is in your beauty bag! Here are some of my picks for clean beauty.
- First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Scrub-This is a great scrub for all over your body and not only if you have KP. It isn’t super harsh and leaves your skin feeling super soft. A little goes a long way, so a bottle will last you a good amount of time. Bonus-works great on calluses as well!
- Sephora Collection Glow Peel Pads-Sephora has been working hard to bring clean, affordable beauty products to its stores, and reviews are saying that it’s working! These pads contain glycolic acid but are gentle enough to use daily for most people. Get a fresh-face glow for a fraction of the price!
- First Aid Beauty Oat & Hemp Seed Dry Oil-I have a special place in my heart for a lot of First Aid Beauty’s products! This oil works great as a day time oil because it absorbs quickly into the skin and doesn’t leave behind a greasy finish to break apart your make-up after application.
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen-Pretty sure this is one of those cult-favorite products! Invisible, weightless, non-greasy and offering an SPF of 40, this sunscreen/primer has everything BUT fragrance.
- Origins Pretty in Bloom Long-Wear Foundation-Clean foundation is one of the more difficult products to find in the clean beauty arena. But Origins not only created a clean, long-wear foundation, but they also managed to do so in a wide shade range! Thirty different shades ranging from super pale to very deep, they probably have you covered in the color match department.
- Bite Beauty Mini Nude Lip Crayons-Bite Beauty has the market cornered on natural lip color! This mini lip crayon duo will give you that “no-makeup makeup” look people crave these days.
- Milk Makeup Lip & Cheek Duo-Looking for a product that can pull double duty? These chunky little sticks have you covered. A monochromatic look seems to be in right now, so you can use this as a blush, lip stain, and even dab a bit onto your eyelids for a cohesive look.
There you have it! Seven products to help you start making the switch to a cleaner beauty bag. I hope you find a product that quickly becomes a can’t live without item for you!
Note-All links within this post are NOT affiliate links of any kind. I do not make a commission off any products listed and this post was not sponsored by Sephora or any of the other companies listed. All opinions are my own.