All opinions in this post are my own. I do not work with or am paid for mentioning any of the companies or products in this post. All links are purely for your own ease of access.
Hey everyone! Welcome back to the blog! Given that the Midwest is currently locked in below freezing temps, I feel like this post can’t come at a better time. Not only do I suffer from dry skin via Hashimoto’s, this dry as hell winter air is wrecking havoc on it as well. Today I am going to introduce you to my favorite dry skin solutions for winter!
Even before my thyroid health declined, I was never one to have oily skin. On rare occasions, my face would get a little oil through my t-zone, but other than that my body skin has always ran on the dry side. However it wasn’t until recently that I finally found a combination of products that really help combat my dry skin, especially in the winter months.
- First Aid Beauty Bump Eraser Scrub $28- I’ve searched for years to find a good body exfoliating scrub. Finally, I have found one that checks all the boxes! This particular scrub, while marketed towards those with KP, is super effective, gentle, and safe for sensitive skin. I personally use this everywhere once a week for a deep exfoliation, and sub in dry-brushing and scrub-gloves other times during the week. Bonus points-the 10% AHA helps soften calluses on your feet! Apply it, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then slough away with a pumice stone.
- Sol de Janeiro Brazillian Bum Bum Cream $45- I know this seems like a high price to pay for a tub of lotion, but this thick cream is worth every penny! Forget the tightening aspect touted by users of this product, this cream truly offers 24-hour moisturization. And I personally think it smells amazing! During the holidays, you can find a special giant tub as well, and if you are a savvy Sephora shopper, you can get this product at a discount!
- Everyday Oil $22- About two years ago, I began mixing body oil with my lotion. One, it stretches out the life of both products because you don’t have to use as much of each when you are mixing them together, and two, the oil helps give a massive moisture boost to your dry skin. We stumbled across this product in a boutique while in Nashville for my sister’s bachelorette party, and we all took a bottle home! Another bonus, this product comes in both a scented and unscented version.
- Marianella Rosewood & Litsea Body Oil $68- Full disclosure on this one, I received this product in my FabFitFun box, so until researching for this post, I had no idea that it cost $68. However, if I were wanting to have that one splurge-worthy body care product, this one would be it! The smell is amazing, the bottle is lasting me forever, and it just feels like a decadent experience each time I use it. I’ll be looking into more of Marianella’s bath products (they even have an Amazon store!) and adding them to my bath rotation when I’m needing a little extra boost.
- Trader Joe’s Hand Cream $14- Unfortunately I don’t have a link to this one, since you can’t buy directly from TJ’s online. I did find listings for it on eBay and Amazon, but since I don’t know the quality of those products, I’m not going to steer you in the direction. But if you are looking for an amazing hand cream, I can’t speak highly enough about this one. I even have Matt using it on the regular! Honestly, if you wanted to try it but don’t live anywhere close to a Trader Joe’s, I would more than happily be your hand cream hook-up, lol.
So that is the wrap-up of my favorite dry skin solutions for winter weather! And all year-round to be honest. If you suffer from extremely dry skin, I highly recommend adding a body oil to your regular lotion routine. Also, I’m not even kidding. Do you want some TJ’s hand cream? Holla at your girl and I’ll be more than happy to help you achieve your hand cream dreams. If you are interested in what I use to keep my face hydrated year-round, check out my skin-care routine post here!
As always, thanks for stopping by! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. And make sure to follow me on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram and don’t forget to sign up below to stay up=to=date when a new post hits the blog!