Sunny days are officially here! While the official first day of summer is still a bit off, pool, beach, and lake season kicked off earlier this week. So that means that many of you are probably reaching into the nooks and crannies of your vanity cabinets for last year’s sunscreen. But I’m going to urge you to toss those bottles into the trash. That’s right, pitch ’em! Sunscreens, especially once opened, lose their effectiveness over time. You might think you’re slathering on SPF 30, but it’s probably closer to 10. Trust me, your resident pale AF friend. And I’m here to bring you my favorite sunscreen recommendations for 2022.
It’s taken me ages to really become consistent with applying sunscreen. And I’ve even gotten to the point where I’m pretty good about applying it year-round. Yes, you do need sunscreen EVERY DAY. No, it doesn’t matter if it’s cloudy out. Or really even if you’re sitting inside all day. Those UV rays are sneaking in through every window. Trust me. Take a good look in the mirror and I bet one side of your face is a little more sun-spotty. Bet it’s the side that faces your car window all the time, too 😉
As someone very prone to sunburns, I’ve struggled to find a good sunscreen that either didn’t give me a rash (hello allergic to everything!) or cause me to burn worse when reapplying. So since I’ve found some good ones, I’m ready to share my favorite sunscreen recommendations with you!
- Paula’s Choice Hydrating Fluid, $35-This is my current go-to for my face. I love how lightweight, yet moisturizing it is! Great for sensitive skin with green tea extracts, it also helps with redness. It works amazing under makeup as well.
- SuperGoop Unseen Sunscreen, $44-A sunscreen primer that ticks all the boxes? Look no further than this one! This is one of my favorites to toss in the saddlebag of the bike if I’m forgoing makeup that day. Its clear gel formula makes applying without the aid of a mirror easy because you don’t have to worry about streaks.
- SunBum Face, $13-If I’m going out on the water or going out for a workout, this is the sunscreen that I’m grabbing. It’s long-lasting, reef-safe (so if you’re planning a snorkel adventure, this is a good one!), and doesn’t clog your pores. The affordable price point for those all-day reapplies also makes this a winner in my book.
- Shiseido Sun Protector Lotion, $49-I’ll admit, I was totally influenced on this one. But I don’t regret buying it! This is my every day, put on the exposed areas of my skin while fully dressed sunscreen. I know it seems pricey, but if you don’t want to smell like a pina colada all day, invest!
- SunBum Sunscreen Lotion, $16-Just like their face sunscreen, if I’m working out or spending the day on the water, this is my go-to. It’s one of the few sun protectants I can find that allows me to reapply without burning more and it won’t cause me to break out in a rash. It also comes in a spray formula and in several different SPF levels. I adore SunBum products!
- BONUS!!! Have a hard time reaching all those spots on your back? Grab one of these handy applicators to assist. You can even get extra replacement heads and use them for sunless tanner or lotion, too.
Let me know if you try one of these products and fall in love with it just like I did! As always, you can subscribe to get the latest post delivered directly to your inbox below. Also, follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. Your support is always appreciated!
Note-Some links in this post are Amazon Affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Your support of my blog is greatly appreciated!