Get ready for my latest obsessions 4th quarter picks! While I did get some much-wanted items for Christmas, it really hasn’t been long enough to give them a fair shake. So I’ll probably be sharing some of those with you in the next installment of My Latest Obsessions. As you all know, I never recommend products unless they’re something that I’ve bought and tried myself. So rest assured that if I’m loving something, it’s because I truly love it, and not because I’ve been paid to say nice things about it. Honest opinions here!
- TaylorPro Digital Kitchen Scale, $39-If you’ve ever watched the Great British Baking Show and wondered what scale they use, this is it! It might take a minute to get to you since it comes from the UK, but it’s worth it. It has two scale plates, one that goes up to 5 kg (that’s 11 pounds!). The smaller scale plate measures out to the hundredth of a gram. And if you know anything about baking, accuracy is very important!
- KitchenAid Pasta Press, $235-I know, it’s expensive! But I got mine shortly before Christmas when it was majorly discounted, so if you can wait for a Prime Deal Day, you might luck out! It comes with six plates to make everything from spaghetti to rigatoni noodles. Plus two tools to help tighten the press plates in and clean any leftover pasta dough out. I always feel like making my own pasta makes a simple meal extra fancy. Is it a little time-consuming? Yes. Worth it if you have the time? 100%!
- Tatcha The Deep Cleanse, $40-If you read my evening skincare post, then you know I wasn’t completely sold on the cleanser I was using to actually wash my face. During one of the VIB sales over the fall, I decided to grab this face wash by Tatcha and give it a whirl. So far, I’ve been pretty impressed! I love Tatcha’s moisturizers, and their cleansers have such good reviews. It gently exfoliates, and as someone with pretty sensitive skin, I can assure you it’s not too harsh for everyday use.
- Grounds and Hounds Coffees, price varies-I’ve mentioned this brand of coffee before on the blog, but they deserve another shout-out! I’ve been a fan ever since I discovered them on Facebook. One of my favorite blends is the Madagascar Vanilla, which they recently started offering in a bag. Prior, it had only been available in K-cups. We got rid of our Keurig a few years ago, and it created so much waste to just tear open the cups and dump the coffee into our press. I can’t wait for my most recent order to come in. I’ll share an unboxing with you on Instagram, so make sure you’re following over there. *Grounds and Hounds is also offering a 20% discount on orders with the code STARTBREWING to you, readers!* Another reason to love this brand? A portion of their sales goes to support shelter animals.
- Bio-Oil Skincare Oil, $9-$23-As someone who has aggressively dry skin, Bio-Oil has been a savior! Studies have shown it helps not only moisturize, but reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks. I first got a bottle to help with the scar on my neck from my surgery in ’21, but I’ve added it to my general whole-body skincare routine. I’ve used it on healing tattoos, too! It absorbs quickly, doesn’t have a heavy scent, and keeps your skin hydrated for days. I use it on its own and mixed it with lotion for an extra moisture boost.
Well, that wraps up my latest obsessions 4th quarter picks! As I said earlier, these are all products I’ve bought and used personally and love. Also, a discount code for you! Making those baby steps toward my 2023 goals.
Note: Some links provided are affiliate links with Amazon. This means that when you shop using these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I greatly appreciate your continued support of the blog!